Welcome to our linked parishes of St. Vincent De Paul and Blessed Sacrament to worship. We want to Thank you for your dutiful registrations and attendance in our liturgies this past year.
At this time due to updated COVID-19 regulations from the CDC we want to bring you up to date on the new guidelines from Bishop Lucia:
1. At this time no more pre-registration to attend holy Masses.
2. For those fully vaccinated there is no need to wear masks.
3. For those unvaccinated, they may continue to wear face masks while in church.
4. In church there will be a section for social distance for those who prefer it.
5. No handshake at this time for the sign of peace.
As of May 30, 2021 all Mass Reservations from below for Blessed Sacrament and St. Vincent's will no longer be required.
Click here on button below labeled "Bishop Lucia Letters" to find a letter from Bishop Lucia to our Diocesan Family as well as a two page document "Update to The Celebration of the Sacraments in Time of Pandemic".
SUNDAY MASS OBLIGATION
Sunday Mass attendance is the obligation of love to God. Effective on the Solemnity of the Most Holy Body and Blood of Christ, Sunday June 6th, 2021, Bishop Lucia discontinued the dispensation from Sunday Mass. The bishop encourages all the faithful to resume their full and active participation in the Eucharistic Liturgy through physical attendance at the Saturday Vigil or Sunday Mass. Those who cannot attend Mass due to advanced age or medical conditions are always excused from this obligation. Also, caregivers will want to use their discretion about attendance considering risk factors involved.
UPDATES ON MASS CELEBRATION
1. Parishes are no longer required to pre register for Mass.
2. Parishioners who are fully vaccinated are not required to wear a facemask at Mass. All who prefer to continue wearing facial covering and social distance are free to do so. 3. Those who are not fully vaccinated should observe social distancing of six feet from individuals not in their household. They are to wear a facemask at Mass. 4.Even if fully vaccinated, social distancing from those who are wearing a mask is requested. 5. The distribution of Holy Communion using hand sanitizer, masks, distancing, etc. is to continue.
6. The Precious Blood is not to be offered.
7. Holy water fonts are to remain empty. However Holy Water dispensers are approved for use. 8. Missalettes and hymnals will now be available in pews.
9. Hand sanitizer will be available at all church entrances.
10. All entrances to the Church will be open. 11. Priests are going to resume processing into Mass.
12. Offertory baskets will be passed.
13. The church will have two sides: social-distance and non-social-distance.
We rely on the goodness and honesty of our people to follow State guidelines regarding those fully vaccinated and unvaccinated.
Thank you. Fr. severine